Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wendy's Review

Yesterday, I dropped by the Wendy's drive-thru window in Conway Arkansas. It was a little late for lunch, about 2:30 pm. (I had not had lunch yet) and decided to order a little something. I ordered a .99 cent double stack, no cheese, and a small chocolate shake. When I got to the window, I asked how much the shake was and she said $2.39 plus tax. I said "They are proud of those things aren't they"? She said "yeah, but they are hand-spun". I just kind-of laughed, since every milk shake you get at a restaurant is hand-spun on a rotary mixer. Funny! They have just decided to market that term to make us think we are getting something special, I guess. The first thing I noticed when she handed it to me was how watery it looked, BUT I didn't say anything. After I pulled away from the window, I took my first sip and almost choked. It had the weirdest flavor I have even tasted in a milk shake and it was extremely "bitter". I took a 2nd sip to make sure I just hadn't hit a bad patch and, the same. So, I made a loop back around and parked the car, got out and went inside. I told the young girl behind the counter that I wanted my money back because it was so bad. She held it up for the manager to see from the back of the prep area and I heard her say "Tell her I'm very sorry". She told me and just stood there with the shake in her hand. So, I said "OK, could I get my money back"? She said ok and went to get my cash. I'm not sure what happened but maybe whoever prepared it just put too much chocolate syrup in it. Needless to say, I will NEVER buy another shake from Wendy's. Now I am wondering if their Frosty's are still any good. I actually was never a fan of them in the first place. I will give this Wendy's a rating of 0, for the shake only. I DO NOT recommend trying one. The burger was ok and the employees were nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment